The Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition is the first device to offer an Ubuntu convergent experience, while also being the first tablet with the Ubuntu Operating System. Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition brings Ubuntu’s rich full touch experience to life. It’s simple to connect a bluetooth mouse and keyboard to convert the Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition into a full Ubuntu PC, featuring everything you know and love about Ubuntu. Then, connect the tablet to an external display for a full-sized PC experience.
“The Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition is our third mobile device to ship with Ubuntu. Our customers were delighted with the Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition and Aquaris E5 HD Ubuntu Edition phones, and we’re excited to be the first OEM to ship the converged Ubuntu experience. It’s this kind of innovation that makes BQ and Ubuntu such a great fit,” said Rodrigo del Prado, Deputy CEO of BQ.
Key Ubuntu convergence features
Building on the secure, reliable core of Ubuntu, the native Ubuntu tablet experience also features the ability to access content and services readily through scopes, as popularised on Ubuntu Phone. Hundreds of apps and scopes are already available in the Ubuntu App Store. Additionally, the tablet “side stage” feature allows you to view two different applications on the same screen, with each intuitively optimised for available tablet screen space.
Further convergence features include:
- Effortless multitasking and window management;
- Full range of desktop applications and thin client support for mobility and productivity;
- Integrated services with desktop notifications;
- Ability to manage applications and easily organise favoured ones for fast access;
- Simple file browsing, file and folder creation and management;
- Responsive applications developed for both touch and point/click input and which re-shape to whichever UI is being displayed;
- Comprehensive system control and access to the underlying OS if required;
- Single application store with a range of compatible third party services;
- Communication from the desktop interface using the phone’s telephony and messaging applications;
- All the security, updates, and reliability features appreciated by Ubuntu users worldwide.
The Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition tablet has a 10.1 inch multitactile FHD screen with Dragontrail Asahi protection. This light and compact tablet offers an excellent balance between sleek design and autonomy: with 8.2 mm of thickness and 470 grams in weight, it includes a 7280 mAh LiPo battery. It has a powerful MediaTek Quad Core MT8163A to 1.5 GHz processor which gives the extremely high performance.
The Aquaris M10 Ubuntu Edition tablet will be on sale from Q2 2016.
from Linux User & Developer – the Linux and FOSS mag for a GNU generation http://ift.tt/1NSb7Ad