- Register at http://www.smspi.co.uk and get your hash.
- Log into the NAS Web UI (i.e. enter the DNS-345 IP address in a browser)
- Navigate to Management > System Management > Notifications
- Expand SMS Settings
- Check the Enable SMS Notifications checkbox
- Click Add next to SMS service provider
- Welcome: Click Next
- Step 1: Enter a name of your choice in Provider Name and copy the following URL into the SMS URLtextarea: http://www.smspi.co.uk/api/?to=Phone_number&message=Message_content&hash=what ever your hash is
- Click Next
- Step 2: Next to each URL variable, select the following options from the appropriate dropdown menus:
- user=Username = Username
- password=Password = Password
- api_id=Other = Other
- to=Phone_number = Phone number
- text=Message_content = Message content
- Click on Finish
- Enter your mobile phone number into the field next to Phone number1((to)).
- Click Test SMS and the NAS will display an affirmation message if the settings are correct and you will receive an SMS
- Click Save Settings
Once it's confirmed working then add it to the crontab.
chmod 777 backupsql.sh ./backupsql.sh
Dropbox uploader script originally from - https://github.com/andreafabrizi/Dropbox-Uploader/
You will need to alter the following in backupsql.sh
It's set to delete files older than 5 days.
MYSQLUSERNAME="USERNAME" MYSQLPASSWORD="PASSWORD" BACKUPPATH="/LOCALPATH/$TIMESTAMP" DATABASE="DATABASE NAME" DROPBOXPATH="/PATH ON DROPBOX/"
You can alter this by changing the following line:
For adding to the crontab you can easily use the following site to generate how often you wish for it to run
dropbox_uploader.sh delete $DROPBOXPATH/mysql_db_backup-`date +%d-%m-%y-%H --date 'now -5 days'`.bz2
All should be easy to work out.
Any issues please email me firstname.lastname@example.org